Our standard Lifeguard Course Includes: First Aid, CPR, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens, Asthma Inhaler and Epinephrine Auto Injector.
We will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies; provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies; and respond to injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
Thank you for letting us help with your continued education.
Pre-Requisite Skill Evaluation (VIDEO)
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object while keeping your face at or near the surface so you are able to get a breath. You should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
For information regarding courses please Contact Us: 803-646-8463